googlee20a69388d4c5211.html

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

About My Photography As Requested

Today I decided to ask my twitter "followers" what they would like to read about in my blog today. I figure that every once and awhile, I'll ask the people that read this blog what they want to read about and so this is the first post request question : I'd like to hear about your photos and your dream place 2 travel for photo taking.
When I was a kid I was asked the question what do you want to be when you grow up? In order to fulfill my desire to write, photograph and fly I said that I wanted to be a pilot and a photojournalist. I said that being a pilot would help me with my ability to take great pictures from the sky. I guess I figured my plane could be on autopilot while I took these pictures lol. I have loved photography my whole life but only started taking it seriously about two years ago when I got my first SLR camera. The best advice I can give people who have an interest in photography is that practice isn't only for amateurs, improvement is an on going affair. Everyone looks at life in a different way and I try to capture how I perceive life through the lens. My flickr page currently just focuses on my landscapes due to the fact that I'm in progress of building my urban and portraiture/people portfolio. For the portraiture/people album I am mainly concentrating on individual uniqueness and their passions. At some point very soon I have a photo gig with a band so that might get posted. Sometimes it's tough to put yourself out there in order to be critiqued but how else can we do what we love?
Last year I began my travels from Quebec to Alberta taking photography of Canada's wide array of landscapes. I wanted to demonstrate how simple things in life can have so much beauty. I do not photograph one specific thing, I feel as though I should be open to the world and all of its diversity. I enjoy photography because it demonstrates beauty in life. I believe that being an artist is just a part of me that I can not deny. It is an experience that allows constant room for growth. I am involved in photography because when I finally get that shot that makes me smile, it creates a sense of pride in a piece. I am the kind of personality that is always trying to push my own boundaries and explore further aspects of this medium. I would say that I try to find beauty whether it is gritty, dark or simple. My desire is when people see my work that they feel moved by it and that perhaps for a moment they forget that it is photography. Most of my photography, no matter what it is I would identify it mostly as a fresh and soft look.
My dream place to travel for photo taking would be....
This is a tough question because I have more than one place. I'll be a little greedy and pick three places. I think that amazing photography would come out of going to the northwest territories although I would need to bare with the cold. My reason for choosing this location is because of the beautiful skies, it's unique qualities and the opportunity to see animals that I've never seen before. It wouldn't exactly be my dream vacation spot but it would absolutely be a place that would give experiences to remember.
The next choice would have to be Newfoundland because of its natural beauty and no matter whether I would be photographing people or landscapes, it would give opportunity for a variety of settings.
Last would be a dream place for photo taking and a dream vacation spot. I think I would have to say Spain and Italy ( I know there's two here but I could travel to both while I was there:). This is a choice because of the tremendous architecture and landscape. That would be a place that I would absolutely not want to forget my camera.
My photography is for sale on requests and most are limited editions.
I guess these are kind of diverse choices but each have such great unique qualities.
Hope this answered your questions and you enjoyed!
Until next time, this is one n'd Jen signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment