googlee20a69388d4c5211.html

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Celebrity Gossip Slow Down, Ashton Kutcher Makes a Point

I feel like I've been bombarded with useless information about celebrities lately. I turn on the TV at 7 pm and the first thing I hear is how a celebrity ate jelly beans, picked out a new hat or even worse how families and couples are being hassled by paparazzi. I'm starting to miss the days when we as a society had no idea what a celebrity did on a Sunday for lunch. Celebrity stalking isn't cool!! Why does it feel like it's gaining momentum rather than losing momentum? I remember the days when the National Enquirer was the only tabloid magazine, that you picked up in the grocery line feeling a little silly. It seems like it is everywhere now and really my brain doesn't need this information.
What do you say to your child or teenager when they say that they want to be an actor? Stick to theatre, film and television bring you nothing but overexposure and lack of privacy. Shouldn't people have the choice to let the world know what they are doing, when and with who? Obviously, I am aware that certain celebrities walk down a specific area in hollywood to get seen but there are the people that just get straight up harassed. I know why people do it, there is major cash involved but at what expense?
At least, I know as a photographer and a writer that whether I become popular or not and even if I make it to the red carpet (dream) for my screenplay, the actor will get more attention and I will not be followed by paparazzi.
Isn't it kind of sad that there is more exposure about what shade of lipstick someone was wearing yesterday rather than the fact that people are homeless, starving, and losing their homes. Of course, it's human nature to be curious but it would be nice to have a little bit more of a balance. I'll make a point to put my title as something celebrity related to see how many hits I get.
I read all of these articles on the internet ragging Ashton Kutcher about the 10,000 or 20,000 nets for malaria awareness being a stunt to get to the million mark on twitter faster. Wasn't it a thoughtful stunt? He would've reached it anyway so at least he got awareness on something else other than just his celebrity. I appreciate the fact that he knows how our society works and uses it to spread the word about doing a good deed.
Quite a bit of things are publicity stunts its the only way you can create a following sometimes and if the cause is right why not. If you have the means check out a local artist or a far away one lol like me or give to a local charity. Sometimes a little bit is a lot.

Until next time, this is one n'd Jen signing off


No comments:

Post a Comment