googlee20a69388d4c5211.html

Monday, May 11, 2009

What Dreams are Made of

I initially began this blog thinking that maybe a miracle would happen and that I would get some interest in my screenplay, photography or writing skills in general. I figured that this would be the opportunity to give a voice to people trying to follow their dreams who didn't necessarily have a significant upper hand. In my case, there's a few things that lessen my odds I don't have contacts, money or live in a geographic location where the arts are 'big'. What I have is hope that my ability will shine through and that perseverance will help me with that. I gave myself a rule, to never be negative while writing these blogs but sometimes it is quite difficult to do so. Everyone has something to complain about, some more than others. I am fortunate enough to live in a society where we are lucky enough to have many of the basic necessities but necessities aren't what dreams are made of.
People spend their lives singing their hearts out, dancing in the hopes of being seen, and writing in the hopes that someone will read. This all comes from our childhood fantasies, when the question is asked what do you want to be when you grow up? So, you practice in the mirror, sing under the stars or dance in the daisies because one believes that it is possible. We're too young to know that if you try hard enough sometimes it's just not what's meant to be. Is it? Or do people, life, or our economic status make us believe so? Sometimes it is easy to forget that we can still sing under the stars or dance in the daisies and that we don't necessarily need to be paid for it. Yes, it would be nice to get paid for it though, wouldn't it.
Some people spend their lives wondering what it's like for those fortunate souls to have the opportunity to do what they love. I'm personally under the assumption that it's wonderful not blissful but wonderful. Life still happens and pains still occur but the passions aren't ignored between 9 to 5 Monday to Friday. Meetings are still a must but wouldn't it be wonderful to know that it was for what you loved.
I'm just a girl trying to be myself in a world where sometimes putting yourself out there isn't so kind. Paying the bills and having a place to live is nice so I don't recommend calling up your boss and quiting your job to play the cowbell but trying to do what we love even if it is a hobby, can be rewarding even if we don't have a million fans, friends or followers whatever one wants to call them.
Whoever is reading these blogs, I hope that it is an enjoyable experience and that it doesn't feel too much like mindless rants all the time.
Until next time, this is one n'd Jen signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment