googlee20a69388d4c5211.html

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Twitter Madness

I was initially disinterested with twitter and didn't really get what the point was. I knew that celebs were on the site but that's not what tempted me. What tempted me was that as an artist we all need some love and exposure especially if we're up and coming. This would do it for me, this would give me a chance to display my abilities to twitterland or twitterverse. It's not that I want to be known, it's that I want to do what I love and to do that I have to put myself out there, way out there. My first week using twitter was quite effective and interesting! We all know facebook but twitter isn't like facebook! I'm not knocking facebook, I still use it. Twitter just serves a different purpose! When one finally figures out the real people over the imposters and spammers, things begin to go smoothly.
The problem for me as a writer is that directors, producers and actors seem to have this overall feeling that quite a few of the unknown screenwriters think that we feel that anyone can do it. I know one thing and I know that three years of studying english made me a strong writer and my ability to understand a wide range of people does help! I write what I know and this is why I wrote a coming of age dramedy. My photography is generating some interest because Twitter allowed me to gain some exposure. Enough about me and twitter, what about those who use it for fun and to be able to write to their favorite actors/actresses, comedians, directors etc?
With technology always expanding, this is better than writing a fan letter! People may not get absolute instant gratification but they do get to know that these people are just as real as the rest of us.
For all the celebs on twitter this is a great avenue to use in order to say hey this is who I am, don't listen to the paparazzi. Also. it's great for them to gain fans, promote their new creations and refer other less famous celebs.
Until next time, this is one n'd Jen signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment