googlee20a69388d4c5211.html

Monday, May 25, 2009

Interview with Author Heath Fox Part 2

Here is Part two of the interview with Heath Fox. Like Part one it is only excerpts due to space limitation. For all of you Skywalker fans the second edition to the series is almost done and it is called Skywalker: The Traveler so keep your eyes and ears open for its release date.

Jenlap:Do you feel that you will continue to write in the genres of adventure, horror and thriller or do you ever consider exploring other genres?
Heath Fox: I think that the novel Blood 4 Blood will set me apart. I don't want to be that writer that just writes thrillers...I don't want to be a writer that just writes one specific thing. When I want to write, I just want to write...In Blood 4 Blood I was writing in the sense of The Diary of Anne Frank and War and Peace...It's a novel that represents the Russian side of things. In WWII, I don't think a lot of the world knows the entirety that the Russians went through(mentions that the loss of Russians was 26.5 million). I think it's time that there's a story about that.

Jenlap: Do you ever consider screenwriting instead of novel writing or adapting one of your novels into a screenplay?
Heath Fox: I have a screenplay that I'm working on, it's the remake of Forbidden Planet. It was one of the greatest science fiction novels written of all time (explains how Star Trek, Star Wars were influenced by this movie). What I'm working on is modernizing it...

Jenlap: Do you think that social networking sites have enabled you to reach a wider audience?
Heath Fox: Yes. through twitter I have been able to reach out to publishers and other writers. James Rollins, we have been tweeting back and forth. We have an ongoing joke, where I edit his website and send him the errors. I think twitter is a powerful tool! James Rollins was one of my first followers, he's one of my heroes so it was quite a big deal to me.

Jenlap: Do you have any advice for up and coming writers?
Heath Fox: Keep going. A lot of writers these days will write a novel that they think will scream bestselling novel and writing doesn't work that way. You have to approach it in a realistic manner...If you are the next Ernest Hemingway or think that you're the next Ernest Hemingway, if you're thinking your writing is too good for anybody to shoot down then writing probably isn't something you should do if you're expecting commercial success... If you want to be a writer just be a writer and don't give up.

You can find Heath Fox (@Heathfox) on twitter.

For all of you Canadian readers Skywalker is available at amazon.ca
For all of you American readers. Here is the link for the Seed you can also find it on amazon kindle for iPhone and ipod, Skywalker is also available

Now we are all more informed about the writer Heath Fox, hope you enjoyed it and take the time to pick up one his novels. For more information on Heath Fox visit his website http://www.heathfox.com/

Until next time, this is one n'd Jen signing off.

2 comments: